“If You Have Enthusiasm, a Positive Attitude and a
Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have an $18-21/hr, Fun and Fulfilling Personal Training Position Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Fitness Coach,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit our site. It’s our hope you have precisely what we need in a fitness coach so we can take this page down immediately, and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position we have available.
You should have arrived here because you saw our employment ad that reads like this: Personal Trainer, $18-21/hr, excellent attitude, people person,
So let us tell you about ourselves, our company and the coaching position.
Our names are Andre and Julie, we’re married and we run a fitness and nutrition coaching company called Evertrain in Ottawa, ON.
Our business is dedicated to helping people over the age of fifty achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
And business is booming!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
Our studio is located in the plaza right across from the Maserati dealership on the corner of Montréal rd. and St. Laurent blvd.
We currently offer one-on-one customized nutrition and fitness programs, small group coaching classes, online coaching programs and Fascial Stretch Therapy sessions, which educate, motivate, and support people over fifty to improve their health and fitness by getting out of pain, moving better and developing lifestyle habits that stick.
Most clients begin with an initial 12-month coaching package, which includes habit-based lifestyle and nutrition counselling, exercise program design, regular fitness assessments, and weekly training sessions here at the studio.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you'll begin an unpaid training internship where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the industry 3-5 days a week for 3-5 hours per day (morning, afternoon and evening), Monday through Friday. Bottom line: you’ll shadow training sessions, have developmental meetings and be required to complete educational “homework”. If things work out and you’re a good fit for Evertrain, after your 30-day trial period you will receive a signing bonus. At this point you will get at least 20 hours of training clients per week at $18 per hour starting out. You will be paid as an employee, and have the opportunity to move up the ladder and earn up to $28 per hour based on performance. Our studio offers a clean, professional and welcoming environment, brand new training equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful boutique personal training studio.
Oh yeah, we’re also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. We like having fun and making a living providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and we will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. We want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do in our studio.
- Produce one (1) client testimonial every month
- Maintain a client renewal rate of 80% or higher
- Generate one (1) new client referral every month
- Maintain a 90% or higher group class attendance per month
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients.
- Tracking client progress.
- Perform fitness evaluations.
- Coach clients through periodized longterm training programs.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction.
- Work with clients to overcome obstacles and support them through their fitness journey.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education and support.
What’s at your core?
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
Honesty and Integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Intelligence – Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Communication Skills – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication.
- High Standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Teamwork – Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Calm Under Pressure – Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Work Ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to constructive criticism or “negative” feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action for the benefit of all involved.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National certification (can be a work in progress)
- Kinesiology degree
- CPR certified (if not already certified, this will need to be done within a certain timeframe)
- Additional training and nutrition related education
How To Apply
We’re looking to hire the right person by September 1st, 2018 at the latest. If this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
1. Fill out the form below.
2. Then here’s what we want from you. NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
- Write us a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email).
- Provide a resume.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. (This is important, don't skip this step).
We will review your resume. If we feel you’re a good prospect, we’ll call you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner we get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. We believe in taking action quickly so get your resume over to us right away! We look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Andre and Julie
P.S. This is not a corporate type of structured job. We are small business owners. We move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to us. If you perform, you will be rewarded. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that's you, we promise that $18-21/hr is only the starting point. We recognize and reward performance.
With all that said, as we mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in our book. We’re very positive, upbeat business owners and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills we mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!